What We Believe
Sunday - January 20, 2019
- The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- There is only one true God eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that every person can have restored fellowship with the Father through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- In Sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit.
- In water baptism in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- In the Baptism with the Holy Spirit subsequent to a clean heart, in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- Divine healing is provided for all at the atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- The church has a mission, to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe 'the Church' is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer of redemption through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- In the Blessed Hope, the second coming of Jesus Christ. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for those who have rejected Christ.
- To the perfect New Heaven and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. 'And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'